Taxijam consists of cousins Richard and Simon Wall. It began as a labour of love a good two years ago, in response to what we felt was a glaring gap in the market for intimate, eclectic music recordings. Since its inception, Taxijam has been self-funded and pursued entirely as a hobby, but like most hobbies, it has begun to move from one which we can happily self fund, into one that, because of its growing popularity and increasing market strength, is beginning to cost more than we can personally supplement.
Taxijam has had a really good run over the years – see below some of our online press stuff:
- http://www.brandsrock.com/blog/brandsrock-blog/ipadtaxijam (a nice summary)
- http://www.arte.tv/fr/recherche/3235086.html – ARTE FRANCE INTERVIEW
- We were nominated by Men’s Health as “Men Of The Year 2010” for our work in promoting South African musicians – http://www.mhbestmen.co.za/candidates/the-artist/
- Our Taxijam of Die Antwoord has been viewed over 1 million times, and was one of the clips that “went viral” and established them as one of our most celebrated artists both at home and abroad
- Our Jack Parow “Cooler as Ekke” Taxijam went viral and almost shut down facebook in 2009
So the long and short of it is we need help – we are not looking to retire and fall asleep on a bed of money every night, but we are simply looking for like minded brands out there who dig what we do and want to come on board in some way shape or form….
This does not have to be in just cold hard cash – Vida Caffe have been supplying us with coffees and pastis de natas for almost 2 years now, Visual Impact let us use their gear for free and even Ray Bans has come on board with some awesome sunglasses…
So, if you are a brand that is actively involved in music and wants to support home-grown talent drop us an email to see how we can help you.
We, in exchange for your support will tattoo your brand logo onto our foreheads and burn incense on an altar fashioned from Spring lambs while chanting your praises for days on end…
We will also offer you full exposure on our site as well as coverage in all of our press releases, facebook and twitter updates. We can negotiate access to bands and fans and we’ll pretty much help you as much as we can…
Look – we’ll be honest with you, advertising on our site not going to give you any increased market share, nor will it automatically elevate your company to the Fortune 500 , but what it will do is give you super cool street cred – and it also allows (here comes another pun) a vehicle such as taxijam to keep on shooting new and exciting musicians, getting them out there and promoting them in a cool and awesome manner.
Email us if you are keen to get on board – firstname.lastname@example.org